The primary objective of the SRP ENERGY STAR® Homes Program is to increase the energy efficiency of new residential single-family housing being constructed in the SRP service territory. The secondary objective is to increase consumer awareness of the program by driving sales to participating builders. Builders and developers benefit through receiving financial incentives that offset the cost of HERS Rater services and through recognition as builders of high performance, energy-efficient homes.
Program requirements include:
- Builder must be an ENERGY STAR Partner.
- Homes must be designed, built and tested in accordance with the "Performance Path" option of the EPA's ENERGY STAR Qualified Homes, Version 3 guidelines.
- There is a minimum requirement of 10 homes in a single community to participate in the SRP ENERGY STAR Homes program.
- Efficient plumbing specifications and 90% LED lighting are required in all homes.
- ENERGY STAR certified Wi-Fi thermostats and ENERGY STAR certified appliances (where applicable) are required in all homes.